VOLUNTEERS Health Habitat + WASSUP workshop
Health Habitat and World Skills Foundation are partnering with WASSUP in a sanitation studio in Diesploot, to upgrade 10 communal toilets with new designs & fit outs, plus install a series of data loggers & water metres to capture information on water loss & toilet usage, and compare to 10 controlled toilets.
We need volunteers for:
• 1-10th March for preparation phase, assisting with refining construction design ideas, sourcing materials, and general gophering, working with WASSUP & Sticky Situations.
• 10-18th March assist in teams (below) with construction, materials, and general gophering, working with visiting plumbers and experienced Health Habitat members.
You can choose the times and days that suit you. Project briefing to be held 1st March.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 0823677806 for more info.
VOLUNTEERS work with each of the below teams, which are comprised of WASSUP Diepsloot, Plumbers from UK (World Skills Foundation) and Health Habitat (Australia)
SKILLS REQUIRED: Design, Material sourcing, Build, Reporting, Data Installation, Gopher, General knowbodies, etc…TEAM 1: PLUMBERS
• Resolve area water shut-off method
• Install water metre and shut-off valves
• Install internal tap
• Replace cisterns with high use model
• Drain Camera testing
TEAM 2: DRAINS & BASINS
• Refine design ideas for new basin
• Remove ground level drains
• Rectify drainage
TEAM 3: PATCH & PAINT
• Source resin to fill holes for smoothing & sterilising internal walls + external patching
• Test, fit and paint
TEAM 4: DOORS & LOCKS
• Review proposed design
• Source parts
• Work with local steel worker and install
TEAM 5: DATA INSTALLATION AND CAPTURING
• Source data loggers and probes
• Review design of fitment
• Reporting system review and edit
• Ongoing monitoring and trouble-shooting